This April, our Narberth branch will be celebrating its first anniversary of providing services in towbar fitting in Pembrokeshire. Located in the old Bank Farm buildings, just a stone’s throw from the A40, the store is well located to serve a wide range of vehicles. Along with another relatively recent store opening in Swansea, we are now able to sufficiently cover South Wales as part of our drive to ensure that we are able to offer towbar fitting services all across the UK. Aside from these new branches now able to offer our range of products more locally, our staff will similarly be able to offer help and advice on trailers and their parts, as well as towbar fitting.
Here at Indespension, we provide an award-winning and industry-affiliated service in the sales and fitting of trailers, trailer parts, racks and carriers, as well as towbars. Having been trading for almost 50 years, we pride ourselves on our experience of the industry, as well as our gained product knowledge that allows us to continue to be at the forefront of trailer technology. This means we are able to offer high-quality products and services, balanced with a cost-effective price. With branches located throughout the country, we are able to offer help and support across the UK. If you’re looking for a complete towbar fitting service, then choose Indespension today.
Choosing The Right Towbar
When choosing a towbar for your vehicle, there are a number of things to think about before you go ahead and make the decision – namely how much weight you’ll be needing to tow or any additional attachments that you may wish to attach. There are two main types of fitting styles that you may come across in the UK; flange and swan neck. These fittings can be attachable and detachable, dependant on whether you want to keep them constantly connected to your vehicle, or not. Main types of fittings include:
- Fixed Flange Ball. The most common type of towbar to be used for towing heavy loads, a fixed flange ball is bolted to a plate which has 2 or 4 holes. The holes allow for enough space so additional fittings can be attached to the bar; for example, a fixed flange ball will allow you to trail a caravan along with the carriage of a number of bikes, which can be held by the placement of the additional fittings. What’s more, is that the bar can be height adjusted, as well as drop plates and spacers to enable the ability to tow at different heights and clearances. Being the most flexible option to use, perhaps accounts for its popularity.
- Detachable Flange Ball. Being detachable, the neck of the bar can be removed when required and when reattached, is still able to tow at the same capacity as a fixed bar. This means that you’ll be able to only use it only when required – ideal if you have any parking sensors on your car that a fixed towbar has the potential to set off. Other benefits that this type of bar has is that due to its removability, you will not hit your legs or even trip on the bar when using your boot or simply walking around your vehicle.
- Fixed Swan Neck. Obvious to spot, thanks to its distinctive shape, a swan neck towbar is a style that is mostly used in continental Europe, rather than in the UK. The style is generally considered as more aesthetically pleasing than the flange types and is less likely than the others to set off parking sensors when the vehicle is being reversed. Like the detachable version, the fixed swan neck towbar isn’t able to tow and carry at the same time. It is also the least versatile and cannot be fitted with additional fittings.
- Detachable Swan Neck. A swan neck fitting that is able to be detached, doesn’t need to be a constant presence on your vehicle and can be used only whenever you may require it. Although there is room to place attachments to fit additional items onto the towbar, a detachable swan neck towbar isn’t able to tow and carry at the same time, due to its design.
Looking For High-Quality Towbar Fitting In Pembrokeshire? Visit Indespension today.
As one of the country’s leading towbar fitters, we have many years of experience in dealing with all manner of vehicles and can boast a nationwide coverage of 22 store branches of our brand. Other reasons why you should choose Indespension for towbar fitting in Pembrokeshire, include:
- We are experts at dealing with high-value vehicles.
- Our fitters are trained and operate to NTTA (National Trailer and Towing Association) standards; ensuring that the work they carry out will be of a high standard and completely safe.
- We use only state-of-the-art recoding equipment.
- All customers will be given warranty support from all of our 22 branches.
- The towbar comes with a lifetime guarantee, with the electrics having a guarantee of 12 months.
- We retail only the top brands, ensuring that the products we install are amongst some of the best available.
If you would like more information on our towbar fitting Narberth service, please don’t hesitate to give us a call on 0845 720 730 or alternatively, you can send us an e-mail by using our contact form here. Why not also use our store finder to visit one of our branches that may be local to you?